Non-Surgical Orthobiologic Treatments
For countless individuals dealing with the relentless grasp of chronic pain or the aftermath of severe injuries, the looming prospect of invasive surgery can be a daunting realization. If you have reservations about a suggested treatment considering, seeking a second opinion might be a valuable option. A fresh perspective can illuminate the breadth of available treatments, ensuring that patients are well-informed and empowered in their decisions.
This is where Dr. Ranjan Sachdev, M.D., FAAOS, MBA, CHC, steps in. Having received his training from prestigious facilities worldwide, including the Mayo Clinic, named the best orthopedic hospital in the country by U.S. News & World Report. He’s an experienced authority and a pioneer in orthobiologic treatments. As patients explore their options, the expertise of professionals like Dr. Sachdev opens the door to the promising realm of orthobiologics.
Why Consider Orthobiologics?
In the modern healthcare journey, patients are no longer passive recipients but active participants, seeking the best and most advanced treatments available. As orthopedic concerns pose challenges that can often disrupt daily life, finding the right solution becomes paramount.
Beyond its impressive name lies a treatment philosophy rooted in nature’s wisdom. It’s about leveraging what’s innate, what’s organic, and what has been refined by evolution: the body’s remarkable ability to heal itself. By alleviating pain and discomfort, orthobiologics opens avenues for non-surgical solutions, enabling many to either delay or, in certain instances, completely sidestep traditional surgical interventions.
Here are a few reasons why Orthobiologics is catching the attention of both medical professionals and those in need of orthopedic care:
1. Minimally Invasive: Unlike traditional surgeries that can be daunting and carry longer recovery times, Orthobiologics offers less invasive solutions, allowing for quicker recovery and lesser downtime.
2. Natural Healing: By tapping into the body’s resources, such as platelets, cells from your own body, and other growth factors, Orthobiologics promotes natural healing, potentially leading to more sustainable and longer-lasting results.
3. Cutting-Edge Innovation: In a field that’s constantly advancing, Orthobiologics stands out as one of the latest and most promising. It’s where traditional knowledge meets modern science, giving patients the best of both worlds.
4. Versatility: Orthobiologics is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Its diverse treatments can be tailored to suit various orthopedic conditions, offering hope to a broader range of patients.
In a world where medical choices can be overwhelming, it’s essential to know about all the options available. Orthobiologics offers a blend of nature’s prowess with medical innovation, making it a consideration worth exploring for those on the path to healing.
Types of Orthobiologic Treatments
Orthobiologics is an exciting area of orthopedic care that uses the body’s own materials to help heal injuries. Let’s dive into some of the main treatments this field offers. These treatments signal a departure from invasive procedures and encompass diverse approaches to cater to various orthopedic conditions.
Here’s a glance at some of the cornerstone treatments in the world of Orthobiologics:
- Alpha-2 Macroglobulin (A2M) Treatment: Involves the use of a plasma protein found in the blood, concentrated and injected into joints to inhibit enzymes responsible for cartilage degradation, especially in conditions like osteoarthritis. This treatment aims to reduce pain, improve joint function, and possibly delay the need for joint replacement surgeries. It’s one of several biologic treatments being explored for osteoarthritis alongside options like PRP. Learn More
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP therapy involves drawing a small amount of the patient’s blood, processing it to concentrate the platelets, and then reintroducing it into the injured area. The concentrated platelets release growth factors that accelerate tissue repair and reduce inflammation. Learn More
- Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC): BMAC therapy involves extracting bone marrow, typically from the patient’s hip bone. This marrow, rich in stem cells, is then concentrated and injected into the injury site to facilitate repair and regeneration. Learn More
Costs of Orthobiologics and insurance coverage
BMAC-based stem cell treatments are currently not covered by any of the insurance plans including Medicare. The cost of your treatment depends on the complexity of the condition and the number of areas to be injected. Care Credit payments are accepted.
Discover Your Path to Healing
Every patient’s journey is unique, and you deserve to explore all avenues of care available to you. If Orthobiologics has sparked your interest, don’t wait. Request a consultation with our office today to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for these groundbreaking treatments. Your path to a pain-free life might be closer than you think.
5-Star Reviews and Testimonials:
Dr. Sachdev’s dedication to patient care and satisfaction is reflected in the numerous 5-star reviews he has received. To hear firsthand what our patients have to say about their experiences at Sachdev Orthopaedics, please visit https://sachdevorthopaedics.com/what-our-patients-have-to-say/.